The other day, I happened to stumble onto the Babies R’ Us website when I realized that their stock and choice of cloth diapers had greatly expanded (or when I was registering, I never noticed how many cloth diapers they stocked because I wasn’t planning on using cloth that seriously)! I was so impressed that I decided to see what other “popular” big box stores had in their online stores as well!
Reasons to Shop Big Box:
1) While the price point may be similar to many online specialty shops, these retailers tend to be bigger and more widespread, thus allowing more access to more people! The big box retailers may act as a “gateway” to online specialty shops!
2) Most people register at Babies R’ Us, Target or Walmart for their Baby registry. Friends and family shoppers may prefer these stores when purchasing baby shower gifts just because they are more comfortable with them. While other online cloth diapers offer baby registries, the general public may not be as inclined to purchase off a website they are not familiar with. In other words, you can get a lot of these name brand cloth diapers for free when someone buys them for you!
3) The more cloth diapers that are bought/sold in the big box retailers, the more mainstream cloth diapering will become to the general public. Not that I want to take anything away from WAHM’s or online retailers, they are still the experts:-). But if someone was hesitant on buying from a specialty store, but may try it if it’s marketed by Babies R’ Us, then why not?
- Babies R’ Us Prefolds
- Bumgenius 4.0 in snaps and hook/loop (multiple colors)
- Charlie Banana System
- CuteyBaby Starter Kits
- Flip Day Pack
- Kushies Prefolds and Swim Diapers
- Mabu Baby Cloth Diaper System
- Osocozy Prefolds
- Perfect Bum Boosters, Covers, and Inserts
- Bumgenius Detergent
- Bumgenius Diaper Sprayer
- Biodegradable liners
- Reusable inserts, liners, and boosters (Flip, Kushies, Perfect Bum, Charlie Banana, Bumkins, gDiapers)
- Snappi (Bumkins, cloth Diaper Fastener)
- Bambino Cloth Diapers, Swim Diapers
- Bumgenius (snap and hook/loop)
- Charlie Banana Diaper Sets, Swim Diapers, and Trainers
- Fuzzibunz Elite One Size
- Perfect Bum
- Thirsties Covers, Duo Wraps
- Trend Lab Diapers
- Biodegradable liners, inserts
- Flip Disposable Inserts
- Itzy Ritzy Wet bag
- Thirsties Hemp & Stay Dry Inserts
- Storage Bins
- Changing Diapers Book
- Inserts, Liners, Boosters
- Flour Sack Kitchen Towels which can act like flats
Be sure to check out my other posts about cloth diapers in the media/retail market:
Are you surprised by any of these brands of items?
What brands would you like to see in your local stores?
Have you ever bought cloth diapers from one of these retailers?